DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Scott, Ron" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:25:38 -0600
Matthew,

I have to disagree with you on this point. If you take a male and female
DIN and put them side by side, you will obviously note that pin matches
up with pin 1. So you build your DIN symbol to match a spec sheet.
However, when you rotate the part to hook up, you'll see 1 is matched up
with (e.g.)78. If you have mirrored one of the connectors pin 1 will
then go to pin 1 but you still won't be able to plug them together
because of either outer shell differences or keyway mating. I think the
original problem was that Ted was forced to build a part that doesn't
match the data sheet. All the engineer had to do was flip the symbol in
the schematic. That would have preserved the data sheet. Data sheets are
not irrelevant.

 Regards,

Ron Scott C.I.D.
Texas Instruments