DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 07:58:27 -0700
Hi fellow designers.
I would like some input regarding scoring (V-grooves) on thin
(.031 FR-4) PWB panels.
I have experimented with groove depth leaving only .006 board
mat'l and we still get board flex during PWB separation.
This flex is stressing our SMT solder joints.
I understand there is a tool for separating boards that prevents
board flex and I'm looking into it. This particular one is made
by Radoll.
Have any of you had this same problem? How did you solve it?
(I wish to stay with V-groove as opposed to route and perf.)
Thanks,
Gary Bauder
Amtech Systems
Albuquerque, NM