DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2016

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Hines, Kitty" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2016 15:17:52 +0000
Hi Jack-

We have the vias filled with solder mask and covered (not ‘TENTED’).  We’re not paying for a secondary process.  Some vias will either not get fully filled, or will open during reflow.  So as others have also commented, vias will allow solder to wick during the wave process; the glue stops that from happening.  The only added cost we have is for extra glue.

Kitty