DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Rick Cline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 10:11:22 -0700
We have reached a dilemma with our software company which has caused some
serious reflections on if we should switch to another before we have invested
to much with this one.
What we are looking for is a package that can input component locations
into our mechanical package (Pro-Engineer), run reliable DRC reports, and
do schematic capture.
Our current package does all of this, however they have just increased
their price 25% and with the increase in maintenance this has caused management
to put a hold on buying us more seats. Until we can determine if there
isn't anything better at a more reasonable price out there.
The more information we can attain on this the better.

Please send the following info:
Price
OS platforms and revs
interface compatibilities