DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1997

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Davis Ben <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 08:15:53 -0500
Greg Kaskey wrote:

> Microsoft Mail v3.0 IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
> From: Greg Kaskey
> To:  DesignerCouncil (ipc.org)
> Subject:  PCB Design Layout System Management Training
> Date: 1997-09-08 15:08
> Message ID: E0C49FD7
> Conversation ID: E0C49FD7

> Can you direct me to Information/Courses on setting up a PCB Design
> Department?
>
> Please give only usable information.  A check list of setup procedures would
> be very helpful.
>
> The needs are such where we use ViewDraw, PADS PowerLogic, PADS PowerPCB and
> Cadence Allegro NT.
>
> Much Thanks,
> Greg Kaskey
> Senior PCB Designer
> Checkmate Electronics, Inc.
> Roswell, Georgia 30076
> voice:  770.594.6000 x228
> fax:  770.594.6015

Greg...

I see that you are not getting much helpful advice online!  I'm not sure
I understand your question.  Are you trying to set up a department from
scratch at a new company?  Are you trying to create (or break out) a new
PCB Department at your current employer (are you now under the
mechanical design group or other group?)  Are you trying to set up
procedures to standardize output on the various systems you use?  Are
you trying to put everything down on paper for ISO9000?

I think your original question allowed for too much interpretation (or
chance for sarcastic replies).  If you can be a little more specific I
might have some suggestions.

How are things going in Atlanta?  Have you been able to attend any
Designer Council meetings?  How are things at Checkmate - still
growing?  Hope things are going well for you.  I sure miss the folks in
Atlanta, especially all the friends I had at Designers Council.

Gotta run...

Ben Davis