DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2017

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Andy Kowalewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 12:59:08 +1100
Hi Bill,

Good friends mate. Share a beer with you anytime. Any other designer too,
for that matter. Let's meet for a beer half way - say around Hawaii <grin>

The 0.2mm solder mask opening comes from a pitch of 400um, leave 100um gap
between copper pads, then you have +/- 50um solder mask registration
tolerance. That only leaves 200um soldering surface.

You could pay heaps more for better solder mask registration and get the
pads to a more desireable 250um opening, but I'm not sure you (or your
customer/company) would want to do that.

Cheers........

AndyK
0424 432 235