DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Eileen Ong [R&D]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:22:36 +0800
Hi,
This is the first time using a micro BGA package (256 lead,pitch 1mm) below
are some of my questions that anyone help me.
1) What  pad size to use for a good solder joint?
2) What is the best way to route and layers needed? Also the most cost
saving example microvia,blind/burried via ?
3) what trace width to use ?
4) Is it possible to route this BGA without using any via on pads ?
5) What are the instruction for pcb manufacturer.
6) Any one who have design this type of bga that can share your package or
show me your design. ( I'm a Pads user)
Tia.

Best Regards,
EILEEN ONG (R&D Dept.)