DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2016

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"McGlaughlin, Jeffrey A" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:52:00 +0000
We use a note reading "MINIMUM HOLE WALL PLATING TO BE 0.001[25ėm] THICK IN ACCORDANCE WITH IPC-6010 SERIES SPECIFICATIONS FOR CLASS 3 REQUIREMENTS FOR COPPER PLATING."  There is a pull down listing for 0.0008 [20ėm], 0.001[25ėm], and 0.002 [500.001[25ėm] above 0.002 need to be "As Agreed to ..." Remember to verify drill size and annular ring  requirements are achievable with the heavier plating.

Thank you,
Jeffrey

Jeffrey McGlaughlin, C.I.D.
Engineering Designer