DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Johnson, Joseph SEA" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:38:13 -0500
Bill,

	The best resource that you can use is a discussion with the one
circuit board vendor that you think will win the job.  I did this one
time (because that is how many boards I have done with these types of
via's on them) and I basically stacked the deck in their favor.  The
quote I got from them was $4K for 10 boards.  The next closest quote I
got for the same card was $13K and then the next one was $25K.

	Talk with your PCB company and ask them what they want to see.

	Joe J.