DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2013

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:39:49 -0500
pretty cool, but I noticed:
although the text says "20 watts per cm3"
the chart looks more like 2 watts
but that still might be 20 times more than carbon

I wonder if you could burn a circuit onto a DVD?
You would have to calculate exactly which ones and zeros to burn in a spiral
lots of math, but once you had the algorithm down...
So is the DVD plastic a good insulator?
You could make pretty quick prototypes, if the circuit was simple
(one-sided)
would you call the result a "printed electronics" product?

Actually, that's a dumb idea because it couldn't handle any current.
ha,
just having fun thinking about it while I'm waiting for my next avalanche
of schematic changes...
(Could you stack 'em and drill 'em for multi-layer?)

gotta go, ("they're baaaaaaaack")

Jack