DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:24:04 -0500
If you download the DFM/CE check lists Phil talks about, you will see it is
possible to design, fabricate, and assemble asymetrical MLB constructions
without violating and bow and twist requirements specified in the master
drawing - also contained in the check lists. However, there are many factors
involved in any success regarding these requirements. Materials are one.
Constructions are another. Lamination process management, from start to
finish, is another, etc.

I currently am looking at page 73, Section 9.7 of my check lists and see a
MLB construction completely out of wack but it worked because of concurrent
engineering. The board used to be a potatoe chip. It is now being produced
in volume as flat as a pancake.

There is so much more and I do wish you well,

MoonMan