DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Patrick Jabbaz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 11:59:31 -0700
Bruce,
I mean all the way trough, no stacked vias, I know Cortec-inc can do
microvias all the way through on 40 mils and 60 mils board thickness,
check with your shop. That's what I did, in this case I did not want to
use staked vias. And I checked with the FAB house if the design needed
to change I also gave them the option of reducing the board thickness
from  60 mils to 40 mils, and I was told the design was OK for their
capabilities. Not sure what process they use, I had to Pay double from
what I normally pay for a 6 layer board.
I have done stacked vias in the past, by having blind microvias L1 to L2
and then blind vias from L2 TO L10 on a 10 Layer board.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Jabbaz
Ubiquiti Networks