DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:02:11 -0500
Donald,

The "A" choice is the correct interpretation. Total calculated width is
divided between the planes layers because each plane takes away from the
thermal relief. Once you have the total thermal web width for each
layer, you may then calculate the number of connections needed to meet
minimum line widths for that layer.

Regards,

Gary F.