DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Roger Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:45:20 -0400
<snip>
It appears that the assembly drawing is an item in the parts list. Hence
an hierarchical structure. When an event occurs which changes a revision
of a lower item, then all revisions higher in the hierarchy should also
change. So if the assmebly drawing changes then the parts list revision,
since higher in the hierarchy, should also change.
<snip>

This would not be always be advantageous.  In your scenario, if the
board changes rev, then the parts list changes.  If a subcomponent has a
rev and it changes, then the parts list changes.  Why would an assy dwg
change force a parts list change?  Why don't you just include the BOM on
the assembly dwg?

And when the parts list changes, then the next assembly rev changes too?
Or maybe I am misunderstanding your point...?

Regards,
Roger