DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 96 9:14:10 EDT
> My questions are :
>
> Do any of you have experience with scanning "non-cad" designs ?
> If so, do you have the design translated into Gerber data and then imported
> into a CAD system ? Are there any other options or methods ?
> What services, software etc. did you use ?

 Lou,

	We have had a couple designs converted to gerber from a
  company by the name of Custom Photo & Design and have had good results.
  The problem with converting from Gerber is the lack of intellegent
  data, since Gerber has no drill or conductivity information.
  If you only need to make MINOR changes the Gerber database conversion
  is workable.  However, if you wish to take advantage of netlist checking
  and possible some DRC type functions the Gerber database will not
  meet your needs.
	Here is a list of companies that I know of dealing with
  scanning artwork and returning Gerber formatted data:

		Custom Photo & Design
		340 Qinnipiac St. Bldg 35
		Wallingford, CT 06492
		phone: (203)-265-4479 Ray Long
		fax: (203)-284-8740

		Applied Cam Engineering
		545 West Lambert Rd
		Brea Ca. 92621
		Internet: [log in to unmask]
		Modem:    +714.529-7313
		Voice:    +714.529-1553
		FAX:      +714.529-4202
		Edward G. Shea

		Artnet Technology Inc.
		2109 O'Toole Ave. Suite G
		San Jose, CA
		Phone: (408) 954-8383
		Fax: (408) 954-8380

		Infinite Graphics
		Minneapolis, MN
		(612) 721-6283
		Gene Brunn

		Infinite Technologies Inc.
		17332 Von Karman Ave. #145
		Irvine, CA
		Phone: (714) 975-0765
		Fax: (714) 975-0601

		Merriwether Circuit Design, Inc
		40 Hill Ave.
		Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
		Phone: (904) 243-8144
		Fax: (904) 243-9455

		Phototool Engineering
		Chelmsford, MA
		has a scanning system from ScanCAD
		508-256-8530
		Mark Devereaux

		ScanCad International
		Denver
		303-986-7707

	Hope it is of some help...

--
        No pain... No Gain... But does it have to hurt so much!

+---+   _             Bruce R. Mayer