DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Jack C. Olson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:21:18 -0500

I can't answer your question about fine pitch, in my experience the ptich

of the component is insignificant, what matters is that a test probe can

find access to each net somewhere on the board (and I'm not sure what you

meant about "designing ICT systems" either) but there are many sources for

learning about designing circuit boards with testability in mind (DFT). All

of them are similar, and none of the ones I have studied conflict in any

significant way with the latest SMTA publication TP-101 called “Testability

Guidelines”.

SMTA TP-101 can be bought at:

http://www.smta.org/store/book_detail.cfm?BOOK_ID=169

or previewed at:

http://www.smta.org/files/smta_testability_guidelines_PROMO2.pdf

good luck,

Jack

-=-=-

Joseph Matthews <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by: DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]> 04/06/2005 09:20 PM

Please respond to "(Designers Council Forum)" <[log in to unmask]>;

Please respond to Joseph Matthews <[log in to unmask]>

Subject [DC] fine pitch ICT

Greetings folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a board house that supports ICT at 0.5mm

pitch.  Also have to ask if anyone knows of any good literature on

designing ICT systems.  Not that I'd try my hand at it myself (at least

not as of yet) but I need to know what's involved and I can't find anything

specific on what's required.

Regards,

Joe