DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Barry Olney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 09:30:15 +1100
Hi Joe,

If you would like to calculate the impedance of a particular board
stack-up check out our Interactive Impedance Calculation on the
In-Circuit Design web site: http://www.icd.com.au

The main variation will be with the dielectric constant of FR4 wich
may vary from 4.2 to 5.2 but you can specify an exact value to the
board manufacturer it required.

The Impedance calculator is based on formulae from the IPC-D-317 and
allows you to alter trace width, dielectric constant, Pre-preg
thickness and Cu thickness in order to select the desired impedance.

Cheers,

Barry

Barry Olney		      http://www.icd.com.au
Managing Director

In-Circuit Design Pty Ltd   	Ph: +61 3 9205 9595
VeriBest Solutions Centre	Fax:+61 3 9205 9410
Suite 211, Princess Tower	Mbl:+61 4 1117 0827
1 Princess Street,
Kew, VIC 3101, Australia    Email:[log in to unmask]

******