DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Lisa Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 13:31:38 -0500 (CDT)
See responses to your questions below:
Lisa M. Williams
Technical Staff
IPC
2215 Sanders Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
phone: (847) 509-9700 x 379
fax:   (847) 509-9798
email: [log in to unmask]

On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Thomas Amwoza wrote:

> Just a couple questions for IPC:
>
> 1) Would it be possible and/or feasible for the IPC, specifically Designer's
     Council, to post job opportunities on the IPC web site?

IPC is currently grappeling with that question. Currently people are
posting opportunities on this forum and the [log in to unmask] forum, but it
has been determined that they really are not the most appropriate
place. However, until we have determined where exactly postings, etc.
should be located, IPC has not discouraged it.

We will inform both forums once a decision has been made. I will also
forward your comments to our system administrator.

> 2) Does IPC, or any other related organization, have internet newsgroups
     for discussion (preferably not software specific)?

For IPC: not today, but I will let our Information Systems Director
responding regarding future plans.