DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"BELLLES" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 96 10:08:42 MST
     Jim,

     Our company has utilized a 'peelable' rubber mask that is applied by
     screen at the fabricator to allow for solder control during assembly.
     We fabricate these boards in China, and I have learned that it is a
     fairly common practice over there.  I do not know who would do it
     Domestically, or the product name (unfortunately!).

     Hopefully one of the fabricators on the Net can supply more
     information.

     Don't lose hope...the product you request DOES exist, as usual it
     sometimes becomes a major ordeal just to locate it.

     Les Beller
     EchoStar.

Hello,

Is there a soldermask that works like "Wondermask WS", a temporary water
soluble mask? So the board-house can apply at specified pad locations on
the board and save tedious production time for the customers.

Thanx all for the info.
Jim Chen