DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Matthew Lamkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:52:49 +0100
        We don't use a contract manufacture, its done in house.

        But we have an unwritten rule (well I cant find it anywhere!) that
no more than 2 tracks go under a 1206
        and they have to be 10 thou thick max.
        I think....I cannot remember too well, although if you did the math
it might work out somewhere around there.

        However, the production dept. does complain when we have either
legend or tracking under resistors etc.
        based on legend causing Tombstoning and if tracks are too close to
pads underneath a potential solder short
        could exist and not be spotted.

        So to stop them whinging, I don't jump with anything smaller than a
1206, that way we only need to stock 1 part.

        Matthew.