DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2017

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:39:09 +0000

So true Andy…  the excitement never ends… lol ☺ Thanks for your insights again… you have always been a good friend…

We need to get together and have a beer again. ☺

So it sounds like the solder mask defined pad approach is the way to go…

1)      If the column or pillar is .2mm dia. then the pad should also be defined at the same size?

2)      Is there any reference info on the soldering of these that you are aware of??

In this case we are going to under fill the chips after assembly… with epoxy.

Should be interesting…

William Brooks, CID+

Printed Circuit Designer

Nordson Asymtek