DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:16:13 -0600
        I don't think it is a question about who can change the pin outs of a connector when they see fit. The question is if it is a good practice to do so. As a PCB designer it is the designers responsibility to design a board that exactly represents what is to be built and assembled. If I send a design out that has the silkscreen mirrored and they put the connector in wrong who's fault is it? They built the design as I told them too, or as the data states. What is correct the pin out or the silkscreen?
I know the assembly house should call when a red flag is tripped but how many do, and who is to say they are going to get the same engineer or designer who knows what is going on with this design?
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.