DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:59:05 -0700
  Bill...

       I am not familiar with a fab SOW because the PWB Master
  Drawing must stand along and totally represent the end product
  requirements of the board.  However, we always seem to have
  some problems during the design cycle or worst during/after
  build/assembly/test.  AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! said the
  boss, what happened????.  So, I always required the electrical
  community to supply DESIGN requirements (Electrical SOW)
   BEFORE we started the design to ensure that nothing was lost
  in verbal communication between electrical engineering and the
  designer.  The E.E. always got what he/she asked for and fingers
  were not pointed at the poor designer.  It worked. So, could that
  be what you are referring to??  Have a great day.

  Regards,
  Bob Vanech
  BVAN Enterprise, LLC.