DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2014

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Greg Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:50:41 -0700
If I understand it correctly, the request is to chamfer the board as
seen on edge, not as seen in plan view.
Yes it can be done. Card edge connectors are routinely chamfered.
I once designed a board (which made it into production) with a slot that
was chamfered all the way around on both sides to prevent chaffing a
cable that ran through it.
Just be sure not to call for a chamfer that leaves a sharp edge. There
should be about 1/3 of the vertical side of the PCB edge left.
It is a cost adder. Talk to the vendor about your needs.