DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] ( Kevin Seaman )
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 96 09:15:13 PST
PCB Designers,

HOWZITGOIN?

We just got back from the PCD Conference where we were gathering
information to help us select a new CAD system.  We presently
have 14 Sparc 20's running Cadnetix (F1.3).  We are looking for
input from any of you who have already made this transition from
Cadnetix to something else.

Which CAD tool did you choose?

Why?

When?

What do you like about it?

What don't you like about it?

How long was the learning curve?

Does it run under UNIX or Windows NT?

Any wise words of warning?

Any other related comments?

We are always looking for new ways to become more productive.
Therefore, until we do upgrade to something else, we would love
to stretch what we have as far as we can.  So if you (or people
you know) still use Cadnetix, we would be willing to share
macros, work-arounds, etc.

Thank you and have a FANTASTIC day!

Kevin L. Seaman
(714) 221-4752