DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kelly M. Schriver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 13:42:47 -0500
Mark -

This will be a function of foil thickness and the specific fab shop
capabilities.  Some of the shops advise that they are offering .005/.005" in
half ounce copper as their standard, while others require a premium for
anything under .008/.008" due to reduced yields IN PRODUCTION.  Another
factor can be how extensive the use of fine line is on your design.

Check the planned fab house during the prototype/development phases, before
committing a final design to production.

Regards - Kelly