DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

November 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Wolfe, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:11:38 -0500
Kitty,
Yes that was part of my comment also if you're really dealing
with very complex rule sets, it is very hard to get it to do what you
want.
Even dealing with split planes and different types of connections to
those
planes can take a few tries to get it right, or at all sometimes.
The only other issues besides rule sets is the way they handle
Draft layer to do assembly drawings etc. Still has some issues.
But yes you do get what you pay for.
If you are dealing with very complex design rules I would say
yes you need to be in either Expedition or Allegro.
Bob