DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Walker, Don" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 96 13:52:45

     That is my reading as well.  The only real information is from
people who have done it.  No special concerns; no real differences.
Everything else is speculation (with the execption of Norm's real world
experience -- but we have to remember that that is his interpretation of
what he has seen and not Gary's formal testing).
     As for what you plot at the connected vias, it doesn't matter from
the manufacturing point of view.  Just remember that your feature size
will have to be small enough that if all your tolerances run the wrong
way that you don't wind up into the hole wall.  I think I will go with
plotting nothing -- I almost never have to check against film any more.

Don Walker