DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Gary Boccoleri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 20:51:27 -0700
Your right Karl, I've been 10 weeks trying to find a job in the San
Francisco bay area and the company's out here seem to be looking for someone
that can hang the moon. I'm in the process of becoming a mortgage broker. It
doesn't matter any more if you know anything about designing boards or if
you know anything about electronics. The only thing that's important is
which software package you know. Are you an expedition guy? or a
Boardstation guy? In this area you need to be an Allegro guy. I gotta learn
how to design Allegros then I can get a job. I've got 25 years of experience
in electronics and PCB design and I'm looking at adds that want PADS and
Allegro experience and 1-2 years of PCB design.  You can find this one on
Dice right now. The same jobs keep coming up week after week on the job
boards. Could it be that hard to fill a position in a job market that has
close 30% actual unemployment?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Gary Boccoleri
Sr. unemployed Expedition designer.