DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Khaled Hassan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 20:50:33 +0300
Dear fellow designers,
I am working now on a design with a mixed signal ,i.e. analog and
digital.
What I understand is that ,from the EMC point of view ,you have to
separate between the two grounds, the analog ground and the digital
ground. My question is how are you going to connect them at the end,
directly (short circuit) or through a component (e.g. ferrite bead). One
of the reasons I want to do that, is to know if I have to separate the
two grounds right from the beginning,i.e. on the schematic, or shall I
leave it till the layout and then keep it in mind to connect them
directly. And what is the preferable grounding scheme for that type of
designs.
Any help is appreciated.

--
Best Regards