DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Litson, Cherie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:20:01 -0800
Jim,

This is a complaint I've had from many of our members who have tried to use their coupons at an IPC workshop or conference.  The only way some people have been able to use them is to make an issue out of it.  I don't like that.  I've asked for clarification and received this answer:

"In a nutshell, the $50 voucher can be used toward pretty much anything from IPC (I'm not aware of anything that it cannot be applied towards) - with the exception of shipping and handling costs.  However, member discounts are limited to a select group of design-related documents and workshops."

While on the surface it seems clear, it's not.  It's that last line that bothers me.  I haven't had a problem with documents, but what constitutes "...design-related...workshops."   I would think that the Expo and Designers Summits would be at the least!  It would also be useful if the workshops and summits that are listed on the DC web page (for designers) would accept the $50 coupon.  If they don't, then say so up front.

My 2cents,
Cherie Litson, CID
PCB Designer/Librarian, Sonosite, Inc.
Edu. Services., IPC Cascade Chapter DC