DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ron Olinyk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:54:46 -0600
Mark,
I've only ever used the concave type by Panasonic
(EXB series). Their datasheet mentions "superior
solderibility: self alignment by unique concave
terminal design". I thought them kind of odd as
well when I had to create a footprint. The Phycomp
convex part looks like it might provide a tighter
footprint since it has a smaller "foot" area. Since
almost all the Panasonic types are the concave type
and other manufs. only provide this type as well,
it leads me to believe this is the 'preferred'
type.

Ron Olinyk, CID
Mindlink Technologies