DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2012

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Robert Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:05:12 -0400
Jeffrey,
I would agree I also find it much easier in library part creation & routing
using metric. I would also agree, it is not really only the problem of fab vendors
supposedly not liking metric (I haven't had one complain yet though if I send them all metric data/drawings), it is also all our own mechanical groups
which of course feed us our board outlines & height keep out
requirements that seem to resist going metric. Especially when fitting
a board into a phone plastic body getting all the wacky dimensions usually for
mounting bosses & keypad locations.
Like you said incoming inspection also people not used to dealing with metric too.
I also agree with Suzy's practices.
But I am of the camp we should all be going metric.
Bob