DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Tom Hybiske <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 07:27:43 -0500
>      To sum up my questions:
>      1)  Does your company use standard hole size symbols across all
>      designs?
Yes, but we didn't plan it that way (see below).

>      2)  If so, does your software accommodate this, or is it a manual
>      process for you?
Our CAD software, Zuken-Redac Visula, requires us to build a relationship
between a symbol and a hole size.  This combo is then applied to a pad
stack, and is stored in the library in this fashion

>      3)  If so, do your end users (design, manufacturing or process
>      engineers) find this to be valuable?
I don't think they care, really.  The symbols are used for documentation
purposes only, ie. Drill Drawings.  The end users all utilize the actual NC
drill data from the CAD post processor.

Tom Hybiske
Sr. Designer
General Atronics Corp.