DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Fred Dark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 11:00:22 -0400
And the trace width...?

-----Original Message-----
From: DesignerCouncil [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Patrick Jabbaz
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 10:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [DC] .5mm BGA fanout

Mark,
Very recently I had a .5mm BGA and I used micro vias all the way through
top to bottom layer .060" thick board 6 layers only at the BGA location,
I did check with the fab house and gave them the option of reducing the
board thickness to .040" if necessary, I was told that no need for that
they can do it in production run Taiwan.
I used this size microvia
hole size  5mils +2/-5
Pad size 11.81 mils

For the BGA Pad size I used Dia 0.25mm