DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 12:21:11 -0400
Jack;

The composition of the members the IPC-SM-782 committee include designers,
fabricators and assemblers. Their experiences come from thousands of real
life designs and assemblies. The main advantage to producing a standard in
this manner, is that they are all willing to share their experiences to
further better the industry. The IPC paper document is for sale, but the
technical information remains in the public domain.

The IPC standards receive a technical review from sources located around the
globe. These sources are users and designers of a broad spectrum of products
and applications. Yes, a standard, by committee, represents some
concessions, but none that sacrifices quality, reliability, or cost. When I
look at an industry standard, I use the information as a guide for what the
majority of the industry can accomplish in a cost effective manner. I may
wish to taylor the information for my particular process, but at least I'll
know what the long term effects will be.

Regards,

Gary Ferrari
Tech Circuits
(203)269-3311