DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2015

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Frank Kimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:41:49 -0700
Jack,
I guess I am a loner.
I don't teardrop anything.
Teardrops and Snowmen are safety measures from the days when fab was not as well controlled with good process and chemistries.
I make sure there is good annular rings and not had a breakout experience in well over 10 years.
I have moved on from RF to HS and seem to have no issues yet.
As always I will stand by working with your Fabricator and make sure your designs are well within their capabilities.
If you do your up front, do you really need a belt with your suspenders?
I am not trying to say teardroping is bad, rather that I want every bit of routing space I can get.
As always we need to look at what gives the closest to our needs.
If you have the space and time, then do whatever you can to armor plate.
If you don't need then why take the added time they take.
Just how I see it.
Let us know if the fog clears,
FNK

Sent from my iPad