DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
28 Aug 96 14:00:00 PDT
Form: Reply
Text: (1 line follows)
I am on Vacation until Wed the 4th.
Original text: (37 lines follow)
>From [log in to unmask], on 8/28/96 3:27 PM:

Nice article doug brooks.  We need more studies such as that one.

However, may I suggest that this may also have something to
do with the circuits within ICs.  A signal on a pcb will
experience some coupling with the nearest plane, and the
transistor circuit within an IC may be referenced to one
plane or the other.  Some IC logic families reference ground
in their transistor circuits, and some reference vcc, and some both.
It may be possible if there is coupling between a signal and
a plane, a device might not perform properly do to the transistor
circuit looking at the wrong plane.

There may be some cases where something outside the transmission
line may have an issue with the plane our signal is closest to.

Evan though signal coupling to different planes may be an issue, I
have not seen this problem personally.  This may be something not
to worry about unless the engineer expresses some interest in
routing the signals next to a certain plane.

joez
CAD Engineer

Previous From: [log in to unmask]
Previous To: Tom [log in to unmask]
Original to: Tom [log in to unmask]
>From MailMinder: true
>From Agent: true
Attachment Count: 0
--$----Novell--Attachment----$

begin 777 ATTRIBS.BND
M0F5Y;VYD(%!A8VME9"!!='1R:6)U=&5S`)+]"'<H"@``````0F5Y;VYD(%!R
M;W!R:65T87)Y($1A=&$:`````!$```````0`#0#N`0``````````````````
M````````3W)I9VEN86P@=&5X=``&1@H`````````````W`$#```&U@$"``(`
M```D``(``0`!`#H``````````@`[`,8%````````./\```````"0`0``````
M````35,@4V%N<R!397)[log in to unmask]\`````
M``"0`0``````````0V]U<FEE<@``````````````````````````````````