DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1995

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 17:02:50 -0400
Bob,

The IPC-EM-782 has been on the streets for some time now. I delivered 150 of
them the Australia, last October.

The program contains the same tables (minus the typo errors) that are found
in the standard. The real beauty of the prgram is that it allows the user to
add new components to the list, input the respective component tolerances,
pick and place accuracy, fabrication accuracy, and finally the toe and heel
fillets that your assembly department desires. With all this information, it
will calculate the proper land. In addition, it will give you the spread
tolerance spread of the land, based on the inputs you made. A table will
allow you to compare your target goals against the spread, thereby allowing
you to make appropriate adjustments.

This sounds very complicated, but we could have entered a new component in
the time it took me to type this reply!

If you have any further questions, you can call myself or the IPC office.

Gary Ferrari
Tech Circuits
(203) 269-3311