DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mark Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:26:42 -0600
Valid argument and complaint, but I wonder how many Altium customers
were there? And how many potential customers? The cost of going to this
was 2/3 of the price we paid for the software. The major reason we have
Altium product is it's price. I don't think I have to explain why nobody
from our company was there. What customer would spend 2/3 of the price
of the software they are thinking of buying to go to a conference to
talk to the software developer? That's a lot of money for both Altium to
spend to be at PCB West for the number of customers they might meet and
the customer to spend to go. You'll find more customers at Wal-mart or
Burger King, although really it's more of a sack lunch crowd.