DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
David Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:15:10 -0700
Adam:

That's a good question, the only things I could find were:

Resistors, Chip.......RESC + Body Length + Body Width X Height

All dimensions are in Metric Units
All Lead Span and Height numbers go two places past the decimal point
and "include" trailing Zeros
All Lead Span and Body Sizes go two place before the decimal point
and "remove" leading Zeros
All Chip Component Body Sizes are one place to each side of the decimal point
Pitch Values are two places to the right & left of decimal point with
no leading Zeros but include trailing zeros

If height numbers go 2 places to the right, and units are
millimeters, then I would think that 70N is correct, as that would be
.70 (2 places past the decimal point) for 0.7mm height.  However the
150N does not fall into that category, if it did then you would have
to drop the last 0 and it would be .15mm.

IPC needs to re-word this somehow.