DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kevin L. Seaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:53:52 -0800
Bill,

Consider presenting both diff pairs AND cross talk together.

For diff pairs, route them parallel for as much length as possible.

For cross talk, reduce the parallel length as much as possible.

To some PCB Designers, this may seem to be a contradiction (can't the
engineer make up his mind?). In reality, there's a method to the
madness (electrons are like that you know).

Explaining them both at the same time may benefit all in attendance.

Thank you,

Kevin L. Seaman
OrCAD CIS Library Liaison
Allegro PCB Library Liaison