DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Happy Holden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:10:53 -0400
Scott,
Be cautious of a request like this.  In the past, when we have had request
like this, the companies were involved in pirating intellectual property
and our President kindly "No bid" it rather than get in the middle of what
later turned out to be a bloody court battle with prison time for some of
the parties.  If this is a "good and loyal customer", they would have no
problem signing a "Hold Harmless and Release Document" saying that theft
of Intellectual property and Copyrighted artwork is a crime and the board
is their property, therefore Tech Design Services will not be held liable
for the accuracy and legality of this "Reverse Engineering Request".  If
they won't sign it - - run as fast as you can from them......  This is not
an easy nor "Cheap" project!
Happy Holden
Westwood Associates

Scott Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
09/16/2004 03:47 PM
Please respond to "(Designers Council Forum)"; Please respond to Scott
Riley