DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"mike gnieski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 96 14:30:03 -0400
unsubscribe
-------------
Original Text
From: [log in to unmask], on 9/19/96 1:15 PM:
Stats: We DO direct connection of vias to plane layers.

ambient working temperature: Nothing harsh, normal temp, normal altitude,
but
one project I worked on was using up to 100 degrees (F) temp range, and
siesmic
acceptability.

humidity: Normal, nothing strange.

how many layers: Up to 14 layers, controlled impedance, 50, 75 and 100
ohms.

Board thickness: up to .125 inch

Via size(s): .015 or .018 inch, dependant on board size

Board size(s): ~ 4" SQ. to 15.5"x26.0" (last board I designed)

Largest board/smallest via size: The last board I did was surface mount,
15.5 by
26.0 inches, using a .013 via (.030 outer pad,.033 inner pad diameter, per
the
fabrication house guidelines), also using vias into SMT pads (discrete
comp-
onents ONLY), and the board is being fully hand assembled! ~ 3400
components,
7900 vias! Do not do this without verifing with your fab house that they
will
be able to make your board.

Typical board speeds: 100Mhz to 2.4 Ghz

Typical board material: FR-4, 170 Tg or better. We will go to GETEK
shortly!

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Mitch Morey
Sr. PCB Designer
TRW, Inc.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Phone: (310)814-5765
Fax:   (310)812-4949
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]

                              ((o o))

     PCB layout is like fine art. You have to DIE to be famous!
*