DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
DUTTON Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:25:54 +1000
Hello Jack,

We've used it on a couple of designs.
Seems very good, low cost alternative to ENIG.
Nice, flat and even finish, good for fine pitch.
We didn't spec thickness. I believe that, being a chemical process, the
thickness is somewhat molecular.
Must be handled carefully to avoid tarnishing, but we have a board just
sitting in an office for the last 6 months, shrink wrapped in plastic with
no evidence of tarnishing.

regards,

Phil Dutton C.I.D.
Senior CAD Technician