DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1997

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:05:03 -0700
Greg Kaskey wrote:
> Can you direct me to Information/Courses on setting up a PCB Design
> Department?
> Please give only usable information.  A check list of setup procedures
> would be very helpful.

=====================================
PCB DESIGN DEPARTMENT SETUP PROCEDURE
=====================================

Buy the fastest computers you can find with huge hard drives.
  (Make sure the monitors are small dot pitch at least 21")

Hire some good board designers (like me)

Have the computers delivered to the designer's homes.
  (low office overhead, better "design environment" for employees)

Buy extremely fast internet connections for everyone.

Collect packages containing complete signed-off schematics,
  mech data, and data sheets for every component, and fed-ex to
  appropriate designer. Everything else can be email/ftp/fax

Always let the designer set the schedule.

Automatic Deposit paychecks on a weekly basis.

Did I forget anything?                                  Jack
(p.s. I'm available for furthur consulting...!)