DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2016

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ron Olinyk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:26:13 -0500
Thanks all for the insight!

I think it makes the most sense now to use laser drilling on this
design.  I was trying to avoid that to save cost, but it looks like it
might be more costly overall using a thru-drill (breakout, drill
breakage, ect).
Thanks Cherie for the L1-L3 suggestion -I think this will free up area
on the L2 layer for more routing -despite some added cost.

My only quandary now is whether to place power fanout on L2 (signal
layer) or split up the L3 (Gnd layer) with power copper.  This design is
not super high speed (CPU, which is the only 0.5mm BGA, only runs at
24MHz)....Any advice?

Thanks
Ron