DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Roger Gathright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Gathright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:17:58 -0700
Why two copies!  A Stutter?

Anecdotal details are not relevant!
They are just elements of life we all deal with!

Absolutely not!  Just being honest! (As usual)

> We need a little perspective on this, then I'm done for the day...

And he digresses!

You wrote:
"Only 104 questions?  Gee, much too easy.  What a load!
Since you have slipped into the personal anecdotal mode,
I will not comment on that.  It's not relevant anyway.
Those with photographic memories would consider missing
6/104 a failing grade!"

Yes.  I did!

> I took the CID exam in April 2000.
A good place to stop!

<snipped personal excuses>

> And if the letters that us "dumb" people put behind
> our names don't mean anything, then why did you feel
> it necessary to say you had credentials far to numerous
> to mention?  Pot, kettle, black.

Actually, it was "emphasis" since I do not normally comment, and made
a joke by making it as absurd as I could.  You seem to have missed
the joke.  Sorry!

> Suffice to say, passing a certification has meaning to
> many as a measure of personal achievement or self-worth
> or measure of knowledge, or not.

However the use of such test results are good for only a moment in
time, then no longer have value.  Everyone is tested, each day!

<personal information deleted.>

> No likey letters?  Fine.  Likey letters?  Fine too.
> Let's turn off the blowtorch, and get back to work,
> or continue working, or whatever.

Good Idea, BTW: Your the one with the blow-torch!

Was that a joke?  Somehow I get the impression that if someone
disagrees with you, you resort to ridicule.  I was much less
vitriolic!  I sated a professional opinion.  Nothing more.  I omitted
almost all personal references beyond brief professional experiences.

> ? Kind Regards,
> Roger M. (Dad never told me) Stoops, ROT (Really Old Twit)

He "Really" Likes letters!

The essence of my comments:

Each individual must decide for themselves how to best
advance their skills, and what tools to use to accomplish
that task!  Peddling a "Certificate" or "degree" or some
other substitute for experience helps no one.  Each individual
has an inherent potential, and yes, limitations.  Only that
person can select for themselves the manner that will allow
them to best progress toward their particular goals.

Roger Gathright