DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Doug Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 04 Apr 1996 14:01:26 -0500
I have several sources (including the Motorola FACT book) that say bypass
caps should be placed as close as possible to the GROUND pin of the IC (not
the power pin.) But I have seen few really specific discussions of why this
is so.

Some of my customers insist on having them placed as close as possible to
the power pin.

Can anyone give me a definitive explanation of where they should be placed,
and why?  Thanks

Doug Brooks