DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
James Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:06:12 -0500
"Look at Mentor and their acquisition of Veribest, ....."

...let's see...

Cadnetix + Daisy = Dazix

Dazix + Intergraph = ...well... Intergraph.

Intergraph and Veribest...

many of these CAD systems nowadays are so inbred... it's gettin difficult to
know just what you are using... or what it will become next year.

The main problem - as I see it - is that with fewer 'choices'... the ones
remaining can pretty much ask whatever price/s they want - for the initial
purchase price... and then the annual maintenance.

Right now, I am familiar with one CAD Vendor that is asking about $5000.00 -
and that's just for Schematic Capture. YIKES!!! (Of course, they're willing
to give you a discount which brings it down to about 1/2 of that... but then
you need to add the annual maintenance, etc.)

Regards,

James Jackson